Trade Adjustment Act (TAA)

If you lost your job because of increased foreign imports or shifts in production to foreign countries, you may be eligible for Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA). You should ask your local Workforce Solutions office staff about eligibility for TAA as soon as possible because there are time limits on eligibility, training, and benefits.

To receive benefits under the TAA program, you must have been laid off from a job covered under a TAA certification issued by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL). A petition for that TAA certification may be submitted to DOL by your former employer, a group of at least three affected workers, or Workforce Solutions office staff. 

Associated Links