We understand that quality child care is expensive. Next to housing, child care is the largest expense in most families' budgets. At Workforce Solutions Rural Capital Area, we provide long term, full year, child care assistance to eligible participants. To be eligible to receive Child Care Services (CCS):

  • Each adult in the household must be working and/or in school/training or a combination of these an average of 30 hours each week over a four-week period for each of the 3 months requested.
  • If participating in educational activities, must make successful progress towards completion of the degree, license, or certification each semester, which is defined as a cumulative 2.0 grade point average (GPA) for all classes taken. GPA is calculated based on all classes taken during the previous eligibility period for redetermination. If the educational institution does not use a GPA grading system, then the student must be passing as defined by the grading system used by the educational institution. Successful progress towards completion of educational activities is only assessed at redetermination.
  • Families meeting the definition of experiencing homelessness have up to 3 months to provide documentation verifying age and citizenship of child(ren) needing care.
  • Household must be within income guidelines. Gross earnings reported will be matched to the wage earnings submitted by employers to the UI Wage Earning System at the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC). Information provided may be matched with other state and federal agencies.
  • Household members must reside within the Rural Capital counties: Bastrop, Blanco, Burnet, Caldwell, Fayette, Hays, Lee, Llano or Williamson.
  • Each self-employed adult must provide 3 consecutive months of revenue and expense documentation.

Once eligible, the child care program assists with financial assistance with the payment of child care services.

It is important to note that this is a provider payment program and we are not an actual child care provider. Parent(s) are required to choose their own regulated or qualified relative caregiver. An Intake Eligibility Specialist (IES) in any of our CCS offices will help with providing child care provider referrals, or simply click the 'Child Care Provider List for Parents' link below for a list of our contracted providers. Only regulated and licensed facilities that have a Provider Contract with Workforce Solutions Rural Capital Area and qualified relatives are allowable for child care selection.

Video Thumbnail

Associated Links