We understand that quality child care is expensive. Next to housing, child care is the largest expense in most families' budgets. At Workforce Solutions Rural Capital Area, we provide long term, full year, child care assistance to eligible participants. To be eligible to receive Child Care Services (CCS):
- Each adult in the household must be working and/or in school/training or a combination of these an average of 30 hours each week over a four-week period. If participating in school/training activities the adult must make successful completion towards completion of the degree, license or certification each semester, which is defined as either passing (grade of C or above) or a 2.0 grade point average for each class depending on the grading system used by the educational institution.
- Household must be within income guidelines. Gross earnings reported will be matched to the wage earnings submitted by employers to the UI Wage Earning System at the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC). Information provided may be matched with other state and federal agencies.
- Household members must reside within the Rural Capital counties: Bastrop, Blanco, Burnet, Caldwell, Fayette, Hays, Lee, Llano or Williamson.
- Parents must participate with the Attorney General's office for child support and/or paternity, if applicable.
- Each self employed adult must have an employer identification number (EIN) and provide 3 consecutive months of revenue and expense documentation.
Once eligible, the child care program assists with financial assistance with the payment of child care services.
It is important to note that this is a provider payment program and we are not an actual child care provider. Parent(s) are required to choose their own regulated or qualified relative caregiver. An Intake Eligibility Specialist (IES) in any of our CCS offices will help with providing child care provider referrals, or simply click the 'Child Care Provider List for Parents' link below for a list of our contracted providers. Only regulated and licensed facilities that have a Provider Contract with Workforce Solutions Rural Capital Area and qualified relatives are allowable for child care selection.
- Child Care Customer Online Services Support
- Little Texans BIG FUTURES
- Explore workshops that help with resume writing, job interviewing and more! »
- Child Care Services Income Guidlines»
- Visiting Child Care Programs Tip Sheet & Checklist»
- Choosing Quality Matters Tip Sheet»
- Child Care Provider List For Parents (PDF)»
- Child Care Provider List For Parents (EXCEL)»
- Application & Cover Letter For Child Care Services»
- Chapter 10 Rural Capital Area Child Care Rules»
- Chapter 809 - Child Care Services»