Board of Directors
Workforce Solutions Rural Capital Area is funded and empowered by the Texas Workforce Commission to make clear decisions concerning the direction and future of workforce development programs for the Rural Capital Workforce Development Area of Texas.
Our urban and rural employers will have a highly educated and skilled workforce and our residents will have the competencies, skills and education to become self-sufficient and live a quality life.
Build an employer-driven workforce system that meets the demands of a global economy by actively involving industry and business leaders in workforce development decisions that allows them to: identify labor and economic trends, obtain customized training and hire high skilled workers, while simultaneously promoting the welfare, orientation, assessment, education, training and placement of job seekers who are searching for profitable and self-sufficient employment.
- We, Board members, Board staff, Contractors, and workforce center partners, embrace our mission, vision and values.
- We welcome diversity and treat everyone with respect, dignity and courtesy.
- We have a passion for our customers and partners. We are self-critical, questioning and committed to providing accessible, accurate, complete and timely services.
- We are accountable, honest and trustworthy.
- We have the courage to lead change and shape the future.
- We work together. We share our ideas and talents to find the best solutions. We support and rely on each other. We value clear and open communication. We make everyone better.
Strategic Goals and Objectives
Goal 1. Enhance and sustain the integrated career development system.
- Provide guidance and assistance to the one-stop contractor and one-stop partners to improve their efforts in conducting operational planning designed to enhance the delivery of services to employers and job seekers.
- Develop a one-stop organizational structure that defines the roles, relationships and responsibilities of state, and local partners.
- Implement policies and procedures designed to provide better information sharing, job efficiencies, and more effective service delivery.
- Continue and enhance cross training of one-stop personnel.
Goal 2. Increase the number of employers using one-stop services.
- Connect workforce development with economic development.
- Provide targeted, customized services to meet employers' needs.
- Increase entrepreneurial training for business owners in High Growth, High Demand Industries.
- Arrange seminars, roundtables and workshops on topics requested by employers.
Goal 3. Increase incumbent worker training opportunities for small and mid-size employers.
- Expand customized training programs for expanding businesses.
- Become proactive and flexible in helping employers identify their training needs.
- Become a "broker" for employers by assisting them to leverage training resources-Skills Development Grants.
Goal 4. Inform and educate employers and job seekers about the services available at the one-stop centers.
- Conduct marketing activities that focus on the one-stop services that are available to employers and job seekers.
- Conduct information campaigns with local Chambers of Commerce, Economic Development Councils and Independent School Districts to encourage more Youth to prepare for High Growth, High Demand careers.
View Our Demand and Target Occupations List »